Lisa Haydon, Professional Therapist, Derbyshire
I am an Accredited Integrative Psychotherapist, EMDR therapist and Clinical Supervisor. I work with anyone who is struggling to make sense of and find purpose in their life, those making transitions and adapting to new life stages and those simply wishing to understand themselves better to move forward.
I specialise in working with trauma, supporting people who have experienced childhood harm including sexual abuse and domestic abuse. This is understandably a sensitive area of need and requires longer term holistic therapeutic intervention.
People sometimes avoid reaching out for professional support because they believe their problem is either too small, or too big to deal with.
No problem is EVER too small. If it’s affecting your everyday life then it’s very real and very important. No problem is so big that it can’t be understood and worked through.
Some things I’ve learned along the way …
- It doesn’t take as long as you think to feel better
- You are more resourceful than you know
- What you think now is not what you will think later
What sort of things can I help with?
- Everyday worries
- Low mood and depression
- Relationship worries
- Managing anxiety
- Exploring low self esteem
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Some interesting facts about mental health
- 1 in 4 people will suffer from a common mental health problem in a year and 1 in 6 will suffer in their lifetime
- Almost 1 in 5 people feel anxious all of the time or a lot of the time
- Two thirds of people with mental health problems believe that workplace stress is a factor